Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
I hear people talking about what a "savior" the Rivers and Cornett are, but what a lost of people don't realize is that they started this current fiasco at least 2 years ago. Rivers made his brags that there was money to consolidate into 3 different schools and Betty backed him. Then, all of a sudden they both flip-flopped and turned the whole process upside-down. IMO, they both will be given the boot come election time. I told people when Cornett ran for the SB that she would be trouble and I was right. As she was trouble on the BOS when she was appointed to it after her first husband's death. I also said Rivers would make the whole county look like a "factory" for manufacturing clowns. Again, I was right. How quick people are to forget the past transgressions of the two people when it suits their purpose.
You are exactly right about that. They were both all in favor of consolidating into three new schools when the county had even less money. It's funny...at the last board meeting, Ms. Cornett said that people from Appalachia didn't want to and would be Vikings and that she "had never thought that and would never think that." I guess before, when she thought that, she just didn't care.